This Rice Recipe happened quite by chance. I was making some stir-fried vegetables, and was wondering what to make to go along with them…. A sheer brainwave had me adding cooked Rice into the ready veges to create this lip-smackingly hot and sweet dish! A One Pot Rice! I’ll simply call it a fusion of cuisines… World Cuisine! A bite into this rice creates a virtual explosion of different flavours in your mouth, very different from one another, but complementing each other sooo perfectly, that you go for the second bite instantly, to find out more! Try out this so simple, yet exotic-looking and tasting recipe today… and do leave your comments at the bottom of the review section.
One Pot Rice…in Honey Sesame Ginger Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- One pot of Rice
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (3.1 /5)
- 9 ratings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups mixed vegetables - carrot, cauliflower, potato
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cut the carrots, cauliflower and potatoes into biggish pieces.
- Parboil them in salt water for 5-10 minutes. Drain out the water.
- Take oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the vegetables.
- Stir fry them on high heat for 2-3 minutes till they get a slight brown tinge.
- Now add in the honey, red chilli powder, tomato sauce, pepper, sesame, ginger and stir again on medium heat for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for five minutes.
- The vegetables will have cooked by now, so take off the cover and mix in the cooked rice and cut coriander. Giver it a good stir and transfer to a pot.
- Garnish with a few sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
- Enjoy the explosion of flavours!
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..