These are all contacts from the Wits library. You can also view the contact list for the main libraries. Most contacts are active phone numbers that are always online when libraries open. This faculty consists of 7 schools: Architecture and Planning, Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Construction and Management, Electricity and Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial and Aeronautical Engineering and Mining Engineering. The faculty is located in the Chamber of Mines building on the West Campus, which houses the faculty office and engineering library. The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering is located in the Hillman and Richard Ward buildings on the East Campus. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Contact us via the contact details indicated on the contact page or fill out the contact form. As the university continued to grow (from only 6,275 students in 1963 to 10,600 in 1975 and over 16,400 in 1985), expansion of the university campus became essential. In 1964, the medical library and administrative offices of the Faculty of Medicine moved to Esselen Street in the Hillbrow district of Johannesburg. In 1968, the Graduate School of Business opened in Parktown. A year later, the Ernest Oppenheimer dormitory and Savernake, the new residence of the Vice-Chancellor (replacing the Hofmeyr House on the main campus), were built, also in Parktown.
In the same year, the new clinical departments of the Faculty of Medicine were opened.  Head: Library Finance and AdministrationPhone: (011) 717 1907/1915E-Mail: ettie.seleke(at)wits.ac.za Education and Training – Senior LibrarianPhone: (011) 717 1954E-mail: Thuli.Dhlamini(at)wits.ac.za The university was founded in Kimberley in 1896 as the South African School of Mines. It is the third oldest continuously functioning South African university, after the University of Cape Town (founded in 1829), and the University of Stellenbosch (founded in 1866). Eight years later, in 1904, the school was moved to Johannesburg and renamed the Transvaal Technical Institute. The name of the school was changed again to Transvaal University College in 1906. In 1908, a new campus of Transvaal University College was established in Pretoria. The Johannesburg and Pretoria campuses separated on 17 May 1910 and each became a separate institution. The Johannesburg campus was re-established as the South African School of Mines and Technology, while the Pretoria campus remained Transvaal University College until 1930, when it became the University of Pretoria. In 1920, the school was renamed University College of Johannesburg.  On February 25, 2000, the university administration began implementing a policy called “Wits 2001”, whereby work classified as “not part of the core” of the university (such as cleaning and landscaping) was outsourced to external contractors.
The university`s departments were also restructured: the university`s nine faculties were reduced to five, the university`s 99 departments were merged into 40 schools, and courses deemed redundant after a massive revision were eliminated.  However, Wits management has initiated programmes to mitigate some of the negative effects of Wits 2001. This included implementing early retirements and voluntary severance packages to minimize cutbacks. In addition, many of the children of the employees concerned were studying at Wits at the time and were receiving scholarships under their parents` employment contracts with Wits. The university therefore continued to offer them scholarships until they obtained the diplomas in which they were enrolled, as well as scholarships for the children of the employees concerned who enrolled in 2000.   Research is one of the four pillars of faculty excellence and an essential component of students` graduation criteria. We conduct effective, forward-looking research that is relevant to business, society and humanity. Our vision is to be recognized as one of the 50 most research-intensive business schools in the world. Government Publications – Senior Library AssistantPhone: (011) 717 1939Email: Sophie.Motsewabone(at)wits.ac.za WBS has the largest case center for academic institutions in Africa, bringing real business challenges and processes into the classroom for analysis and debate. The WBS Case Study Center has developed more than 200 cases in various companies and industries, from fried chicken to gold mining, transporting students to a time and place where these companies have faced some of their biggest inflection points.
Africana Collections and ServicesPhone: (011) 717 1956Email: Margaret.Atsango(at)wits.ac.za From students and faculty to our alumni and friends, we, as a collective, have a significant positive impact on the world around us. So when you choose Wits Business School, you choose to become a future leader, both in business and in society. Manager: Library Systems and Digital Initiatives (LCS)Phone: (011) 717 1950Email: Charl.Roberts (at)wits.ac.za This faculty is located in the Southwest Engineering Building on the East Campus and consists of the Schools of Social Sciences, Literature and Language Studies, Human Resources and Community Development, Arts and Education.  Interlibrary loan Senior LibrarianTelephone: (011) 717 1945E-Mail: Suzette.JansenVanRensburg(at)wits.ac.za The Wits Theatre is a performing arts complex within the university, although it is also home to professional companies, dance studios and schools.  It is managed by the university`s Performing Arts Administration (PAA).  Prior to the opening of the Wits Theatre, the Wits Schools of Dramatic Art and Music had staged productions in a campus building called the Convent, a former convent. The convent has been preserved as a place of teaching.  Library Systems Coordinator (LCS) Phone: (011) 717 1918Email: anusuya.aramugam(at)wits.ac.za The Snyderman-Klein Library offers a valuable collection of Jewish studies and secular reference materials.
Available resources include biblical literature, rabbinic literature, commentaries and historical references. The library also contains Jewish philosophical works; Jewish codes of law accompanied by interpretations and commentators; Talmudic and midrash sources and reference works on biblical and Talmudic sources. In addition to printed copies, the library offers a comprehensive digital collection of Jewish books (Bar-Ilan software) as well as a selection of popular Jewish works and novels. Additional resources are added to the library each year. Wits Business School is located in the heart of Africa`s most dynamic shopping mall. We have no doubt that the time spent in this learning environment, in a vibrant city surrounded by extraordinary people, provides you with the foundation for an extraordinary life. The University of the Witwatersrand Library Service consists of two main libraries, the Warteinweiler and William Cullen libraries on the East Campus, and twelve branch libraries. The Wartenweiler Library primarily serves the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. It also includes the library administration, computer and technical library departments as well as the short-term loan collection, the reference collection, interlibrary loan, the media library and the education and training department, as well as the electronic classroom.
 The William Cullen Library contains the Africana Collection, which specializes in social, political, and economic history.
Comments are closed.