Eating roti sabzi everyday gets a lil boring. Paranthas or theplas with the goodness of veges combined is a good way to get all your nutrients in one dish. You can make a variety of Paranthas using a plethora of veges to suit your individual taste. This recipe got me mixing the humble red pumpkin and carrot which is normally used in salads, to make my main dish. Besides giving a lovely colour to the paranthas, I got the added benefits of both the vegetables together!
Red Pumpkin and Carrot Paranthas
Published on February 28, 2020 | In Indian | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10 paranthas
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1/4 kg red pumpkin
- 1 big carrot
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 green chilli
- 4-5 petals garlic
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dhania-jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp hing
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cut coriander leaves
- Oil to shallow fry
- Cut the pumpkin and carrot into pieces and boil them in a pressure cooker (1 whistle) without adding any water to them.
- Grind together in a mixie with green chilli, garlic and onion (cut into pieces). Don't add any water.
- Take a big bowl and mix this paste together with the flour, all the spices, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Knead into a dough without any water. (No water is needed as the paste is a bit liquidy.)
- Divide into 10 portions. Roll into paranthas.
- On a tawa, cook till golden brown on both sides using a little oil.
- Eat hot with fresh curd or the pickle of your choice. Enjoy as a hearty breakfast or a light lunch/dinner.
- Servings : 3 people/10 paranthas
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Course : Breakfast, Main Course
- Recipe Type : Rotis/ Parathas/ Breads
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.