The warmly distinct aroma of freshly-baked bread wafts through the house, filling it with all that is cheery and joyful! Try out this bread today, a perfect tea-time snack and a sure favorite with kids as well as elders.
Cheesy Italian Herbed Bread
Published on July 26, 2017 | In Italian, World | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 loaf
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (3.4 /5)
- 9 ratings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup active yeast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs and chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Butter to brush on top
- To prepare the active yeast mix 1 tsp dry yeast and 1 tsp sugar in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water. Mix and wait till the sugar dissolves and the mixture froths.
- Take a bowl and mix together the flour, active yeast, oil and salt.
- Mix all ingredients into a loose dough using water. Cover and proof for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, knead again. Spread this onto a pre-greased dish.
- Liberally spread grated cheese or cheese spread over it. Sprinkle mixed Italian herbs, chilli flakes and black pepper powder on top of the cheese.
- Roll it. Make cuts on top. Keep again for second proofing - 45 minutes.
- Brush the top of the roll with melted butter.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake at 220 degrees C for 35 minutes or till golden brown on top.
- Again brush lightly with butter, cut into slices and enjoy with tea or just by itself. Note : Check the bread occasionally while it is in the oven and adjust baking timing according to your microwave or oven.
- Servings : 8-10 slices
- Ready in : 200 Minutes
- Course : Snack
- Recipe Type : Rotis/ Parathas/ Breads
- Ingredient : Bread
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
9 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.