Shashuka is an eggy delight, perfect for either breakfast, brunch or a light dinner too. It has it’s own variations the world over, but I’ve given it a slightly desi twist in the use of spices. Olive oil takes it’s taste to the next level, but if you don’t have it, you can use a refined oil of your choice. A complete meal, have this with toasts or breads.
Published on April 28, 2021 | In World | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 portions
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 eggs
- 1 finely chopped green capsicum
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- Puree of 2 tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cut coriander leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a flat frying pan heat the olive oil. Add the onions, capsicum, onions, tomatoes and green chillies.
- Saute for 5 minutes and then add the tomato puree.
- Add the spices, sugar and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Make two shallow wells in the masala/base.
- Carefully break two eggs in the wells.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the eggs. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes till the eggs are partially set.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with breads or toasts as a complete meal.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.