Indi-fusion cuisine is what I would like to call this dish. Taking the best from Chinese flavours and combining it with the wholesomeness of Indian food…gets you a recipe called “Schezwan Idli” ! Great as an evening snack or even as brunch. It’s filling, tasty and healthy as well. Children especially will love this Chinese version of the humble South Indian Idli.
Published on December 24, 2018 | In Chinese, Indian | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 idlis
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Ready Idli dough/atta
- 1 tbsp oil
- Finely chopped carrots 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped french beans 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped capsicum 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped onion 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce
- salt to taste
- In a non-stick pan heat 1/2 tbsp oil on high flame.
- Add all the finely cut vegetables for a minute.
- Stirring continuously, add in the schezwan sauce to the veges and add salt to taste. Take off from heat after 3-4 minutes and cool down.
- Grease the idli moulds with a little oil.
- Add half a ladleful of idli batter in each hollow, followed by one spoon of the vegetable mix.
- Cover it with half a ladleful of batter again.
- Steam the idlis in an idli cooker or normal cooker without whistle for 25 minutes.
- Let them cool for 2-3 minutes after you open the lid.
- Serve hot with the chutney or sauce of your choice. They taste great without any accompaniment too!
- Servings : 3 to 4 servings
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Course : Breakfat, Snack
- Recipe Type : Snacks/ Fast Food
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.