Totally delicious and yumm, these cheesy, baked baskets are perfect for high tea, as appetisers, or at a kiddo party. A burst of flavours, these tasty baskets are a powerhouse of nutrition, especially for children. So try out this recipe, and you’ve found one more way to include spinach in your kid’s diet!
Potato Spinach Baskets
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 baskets
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 6 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 bunch of spinach leaves
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 petals of garlic cut finely
- 3 cheese cubes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cube of maggi super seasoning
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup for garnishing
- salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes clean. Pierce them with a fork, along with the skin and bake them on high for 20 mins in a microwave or till cooked.
- Blanch spinach leaves in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, chop and keep aside.
- Once the potatoes cool down, cut them into two. Scoop out the insides to make a hollow. Mash the insides and mix with the cut spinach.
- In a pan, heat the butter, add the onion and garlic and saute till transparent.
- Add in the spinach-potato mix, 3 cubes of cheese, and all the spices mentioned. Add salt to taste
- Fry this mixture until all the water dries up.
- Fill the hollow potatoes with the ready mixture, top with grated cheese and grill on high till the cheese melts.
- Garnish with a drop of tomato ketchup and your yummy baskets are ready to be served!
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..