Potato Wedges are a favourite with kids as well as adults as a snack, appetizer or starter. Great for children’s birthday parties, kitty parties or as a starter before your main meal, these are a welcome change from the regular French Fries. Why buy McCain or McDonald’s Wedges when you can make better ones at home? The frozen, pre-packaged, expensive ones are not just unhealthy as they are loaded with preservatives, but they also form a big hole in your pocket! These Potato Wedges are soooooo easy to make that you won’t ever like to buy the ready made ones after you try this recipe for yourself. And yes… it IS perfectly OK to eat deep-fried stuff once in a while… as long as you work it off later! As they say, you only live once. So eat whatever you want and work out for a healthy life!
Potato Wedges (McCain Style)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 plates full
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.3 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp rice flour/ corn flour
- oil for deep frying
- Peel potatoes. Cut them into wedges.
- In a big bowl mix all ingredients with the potatoes.
- Rub all the wedges evenly with this masala so as to cover them all evenly.
- In a plate, take the rice flour/ corn flour.
- Roll each wedge in the flour and deep fry in hot oil.
- Repeat for all wedges.
- Enjoy with your favourite dip or sauce.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..