The season of getting fresh green peas in abundance is almost over, so making the most of it now. These kachoris are a treat for the senses… literally…the outer covering is crunchy, the stuffing inside is moist and the sweet chutney as an accompaniment provides to be the perfect combination. The result? An explosion of flavours in the mouth at the first bite! Have it as a hearty breakfast or as an evening snack, garma garam chai ke saath.
Mutter Kachori / Green Peas Kachori
Published on April 14, 2018 | In Indian | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 kachoris
- Difficulty Level Expert
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the Outer Covering :
- 1 1/2 cup maida/refined flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp maida to sprinkle while rolling
- For the stuffing :
- 1/2 kg green peas
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Oil for deep frying the kachoris
- For the Outer Covering : Take all the ingredients mentioned in a big bowl. Add water and bind into a stiff dough. Cover and keep for an hour.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and roll into three rotis. Apply oil one one roti, place the second roti on top of it, apply oil to the second one and cover it with the third roti.
- Roll all three together into a tight roll. Cut into 12 pieces as shown in the picture.
- Flatten each piece and roll into a 5" puri. Roll all the pieces and keep aside taking care that they don't stick to each other.
- For the Stuffing : Heat oil in a kadhai. Add cumin seeds, green chillies, grated ginger and the finely chopped onion. Saute till transparent.
- Add in the green peas and salt. Cover and cook till almost done.
- Add in the garam masala powder. Cook again for 2 minutes and let the mixture cool.
- Grind the stuffing into a rough mixture using no water in a mixie.
- Place one spoon of stuffing into each rolled out puri and close the puri's edges. Flatten the round to make a kachori. Likewise, do for all the puris.
- Heat oil in a nonstick kadhai. Deep fry the kachoris on medium heat till golden brown all over.
- Serve while hot with sweet tamarind date chutney, green chutney or tomato sauce.
- Servings : 6-7 people
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Course : Breakfat, Snack
- Recipe Type : Snacks/ Fast Food
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.