As we all know, Methi leaves or Fenugreek leaves contain manifold health benefits. Regular consumption of this slightly bitter, green leafy vegetable can help people who have diabetes, balance cholesterol levels, improve heart health, cure constipation and curb joint pain. It is also good for the hair and skin. So instead of having it just as a shaak/vegetable every time, why not try variations which will make it more interesting to eat? These Methi/ Fenugreek Vadis are easy to make, and are a great idea for a lunch-box or as a starter at any party or meal. These can be made and kept in the fridge for upto 2-3 days, all ready for just frying, when you want to eat them.
Methi/ Fenugreek Vadi
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 15-20 pieces
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.6 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 1 small bunch methi/fenugreek leaves finely cut
- 1 1/2 cup besan/chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 medium-sized onion cut finely
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 1/2 tsp dhania-jeera powder/ coriander-cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida/hing
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry or deep fry
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarb
- Take a big bowl and mix all the given ingredients together along with 1 tsp oil and soda bicarb with the required quantity of water to make a thick mixture.
- Oil a flat pressure cooker vessel and fill in with the ready mixture.
- Steam without whistle for 20 minutes.
- Remove after it is cool, cut into squares and shallow fry in a little oil till golden on all sides. Alternatively, you can deep fry these Vadis too.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney or green chutney.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..