Whn the baccha is sick and doesn’t want to eat the regular dal-chawal… what do you make? A version of his favourite food which is healthier than it’s usual maida counterpart! A Healthy Rawa Pizza! The base is made of Rawa and a little rice flour to make it crispier, while the toppings can be anything that is available in your fridge! What you get is guilt-free indulgence in a healthy and tasty snack.
Healthy Rawa Pizza
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 medium size pizza
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (2.2 /5)
- 5 ratings
- For the base : 1 cup fine semolina
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp curd
- a pinch of soda bicarb
- salt to taste
- For the topping
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 3-4 pods finely chopped garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 /2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp grated pizza cheese
- For the Base : Take a bowl and mix together all the ingredients given for the base.
- Add a little water to make a thick batter.
- Keep covered for an hour ideally.
- After an hour, heat a flat but deep pan, add a little oil and spread out the batter evenly.
- Cover and cook till nice and brown on one side. Turn over on the other side and repeat.
- For the Topping : Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic, onions, tomatoes and capsicum. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato puree, sugar, salt, and the chilli flakes, oregano, black pepper powder.
- Now in the same flat pan that the base was cooked in, as soon as you turn over to get the other side cooked, spread the topping over it, cover it liberally with the grated cheese. Put the lid on.
- In five minutes, the cheese will have melted and your healthy Rawa Pizza will be ready for serving!
- Cut into pieces, sprinkle additional herbs if needed, enjoy while hot!
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..