Dal tadka is the most common dal which will be found in almost every Indian thali, albeit in different avatars. It is simple to make, fast to cook, nutritious and tasty as well. It tastes best with plain steamed rice.
Dal Tadka / Yellow lentils
Published on June 27, 2017 | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 people
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 cups toor dal / yellow lentils
- 1/4 tsp rai/ mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp haldi / turmeric
- 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 dry red kashimirimirch / chilli
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- Soak the toor dal for 20 minutes. Pressure cook till soft using double the quantity of water.
- Blend it well, add red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, dry red chilli, garlic pieces. Brown them and remove the seasoning in a bowl.
- Now transfer the dal into the same pan and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tadka/ seasoning just before serving.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves as well.
Note :Before pressure cooking the dal, add a pinch of turmeric, asafoetida and a drop of oil to the water. The dal cooks faster and blends well too.
- Servings : 4 people
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dals/ Lentils
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.