Summer time calls for some innovative snacks as the school holidays have begun! This savory snack can be had in the evening, or it can be had as the main meal with a soup to go along with it to make it complete. Great as a party starter too, it is sure to be a hit with the bachha party on birthdays. Your kitty party friends too, will always remember this cute-looking snack! Filled with the goodness of all vegetables, you can alter the ingredients of the stuffing according to your taste and liking.
Published on April 11, 2018 | In World | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 servings
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- For the baskets :
- 12 slices of bread
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 tsp oil
- For the stuffing :
- 3 petals of garlic cut finely
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup of cut french beans
- 1 potato chopped into tiny cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cube of maggi vegetarian tastemaker
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp maida/ refined flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp oil
- For the Baskets : Oil a baking tray. Cut off the edges of the bread slices. Wet two slices of bread. Press them into each square of the tray. Two slices per square.
- Bake them on 180 degrees for 10 mins or till they are crisp. Keep aside.
- For the stuffing : In a kadhai, heat oil and saute the garlic and onions.
- Add in all the other vegetables. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the tastemaker, pepper, ketchup and salt. When the vegetables are fully cooked, add the maida/ refined flour and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and cook till the gravy thickens. Your stuffing is ready.
- Fill the crisp bread baskets with the stuffing, cover each square with the grated cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Your cheesy bread baskets are ready to be devoured!
- Servings : 3 people
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Course : Snack
- Recipe Type : Snacks/ Fast Food
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.