Bhel Puri is the quintessential example of the quick, Mumbaiyya snack. Easy to make, but lip-smackingly tasty at the same time, it is the most filling and inexpensive dish to make. When you are too lazy to cook up something elaborate, but want something to tickle your taste-buds as well…. Bhel Puri it is! Also known as Jaal Muri in the East, this humble dish is a fixture on all beaches in Mumbai, and also manages to find its place in the menu cards of big restaurants. Chatpata and tangy, Bhel Puri can be had in a wet or dry form. Puffed Rice being the hero here, this favourite street food can be most commonly found in all corners of India.
Bhel Puri / Jhaal Muri
Published on August 22, 2017 | In Indian | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 plates
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.3 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 200 gms Puffed Rice/ Kurmura/ Mamra
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 1 big potato boiled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 100 gms mixed farsan
- 100 gms fine yellow sev
- 1 tbsp tamarind-date sweet chutney
- 1 tbsp green mint chutney
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green coriander
- In a big bowl add all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Garnish with the fine yellow sev and the cut coriander.
- Eat with a spoon or a kadak puri!
- You can make and keep both, the sweet tamarind-date and mint chutney in the deep freezer. They stay good for around 15 days. Just store them in small containers. Defrost each container according to your requirement.
- Servings : 4 people
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Course : Snack
- Recipe Type : Snacks/ Fast Food
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
6 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.