A simple, yet flavourful vegetable recipe which tastes great with any type of rotis or bread. I served it with pudina/mint paranthas, a perfect accompaniment to bring out the taste of the vegetables. You can add whatever vegetables you like to this versatile dish which doesn’t follow any hard and fast rules! I used the spice mix from the brand Mother’s Kitchen, and I simply loved how the coarsely ground masalas brought a rustic and earthy flavour to the Kadhai vegetables. Plus, these spices come in cute little tins which can be reused! Adding photographs of the tins too. You can check out their entire range of spices/pickles/mixes on motherskitchen.shop on the web.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 portions
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (10.1 /5)
- 694 ratings
- 1 tbsp refined oil
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp hing
- 1 tbsp Mother's Kitchen Khada Kadhai Masala
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 3 small white onions cut into quarters
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 potato diced
- 1 carrot cut into medium sized chunks
- 1 green capsicum cut into medium sized pieces
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add the jeera, haldi, hing, ginger and garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the khada kadhai masala, saute and add 1/2 cup water.
- Keep sauteing till the water evaporates. This will cook the masalas.
- Now add all the vegetables and half cup of water.
- Cover and cook till the water evaporates and all the veges are cooked.
- Add salt and a pinch of sugar for the balance.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy hot with the rotis/bread of your choice.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..