Thandi ka mausam is when all the rare vegetables required for Undhiyo are available abundantly in the market. Making this Gujarati dish a complete showstealer! Yummy, tasty and extremely healthy, it makes complete use of all seasonal vegetables which generate heat in the body during the cold winter months.Lots of wedding menus sport this recipe on their special menu. I myself am so very fond of this dish that I make it two-three times in the winter months till the vegetables are available. If you clean, cut and keep all the ingredients ready for this main dish, it saves you a lot of time. It tastes best along with hot puris or phulkas. So do try it once and get hooked onto the unique taste of this awesome main dish.
Published on December 11, 2017 | In Indian | By Author |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1-1.5 kg of Undhiyo
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (3.7 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1/2 kg Surti papdi
- 1/4 kg - 3 dana papdi
- 1/4 kg small brinjals
- 1/4 kg kand/ purple yam
- 1/4 kg small potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 raw bananas or rajeli bananas
- 1 bunch of methi / fenugreek leaves
- 1/4 kg suran/ yam
- 1/2 kg green peas
- For the Green Masala :
- 1 big bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 bunch fresh green garlic with stems
- fresh turmeric 1 piece / one tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp dhania jeera powder/ coriander cumin powder
- 7/8 green chillies
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 1 cup of besan/ chickpea flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- 3 tbsp oil and oil for deep frying the methi bhajias
- Clean and cut the methi /fenugreek leaves. Deep fry bhajias of the methi by mixing in besan, red chilli powder, dhania jeera powder, salt, sugar.
- Heat the oil in a big non-stick kadhai. Add the ajwain and the papdis. Steam them
- Grind all the ingredients given for the Green Masala together in a mixie along with some water.
- Make slits in the brinjals, potatoes and bananas. Fill them with the green masala. Add the brinjals and potatoes to the kadhai with the sweet potatoes.
- Add in the rest of the green ground paste. Cover and steam till the vegetables are half cooked.
- Add the stuffed bananas with their skin. Then add the peas, salt, purple yam and yam.
- Mix in salt to taste and 1 tsp of sugar. Cover and cook till well cooked.
- Add water if required and mix in the methi bhajias before serving.
- Serve hot with puris or phulkas!
- Servings : 10-12
- Ready in : 120 Minutes
- Course : Main Course
- Recipe Type : Main Course (Indian/ World Cuisine)
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
3 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.