With the festive season round the corner, it’s time to get charged up again and be ready with sweet and savoury treats. Soon begins the time for joy, spreading happiness through hospitality, and welcoming the deities home. A time to indulge in laddoos, modaks, and many more delicacies! This Rava-Besan laddoo is the perfect prasad for Gauri-Ganpati, and I make it every year in the quantities mentioned. You can reduce the quantities according to your requirements and be sure that these come out perfect every single time!
Published on July 30, 2017 | In Indian, World | By Author |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- 120 laddoos
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 1/4 kg thin semolina / rava
- 1 1/4 kg chickpea flour / besan
- 1 kg powdered sugar
- 1 litre ghee
- 1 tbsp. cardamom powder
- 1 cup raisins
- Take a wide and thick bottomed vessel and heat it.
- Dry roast the besan / chickpea flour stirring constantly and taking care that it doesn't burn.
- It should turn to a nice golden brown colour and the heavenly aroma will tell you when it's done.
- Take it out in another vessel.
- Use the same thick bottomed vessel now to roast the rava / semolina. Stir constantly.
- Once it starts to brown, add about half the ghee. Continue stirring it till the rava browns evenly.
- Now add in the besan /chickpea flour to the rava.
- Add all the ghee and mix well.
- Sieve the powdered sugar to remove any lumps.
- Add the cardamom powder to the laddoo mix.
- Take the vessel off the gas.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Let it cool till its lukewarm.
- Shape into laddoos with one raisin to decorate each. You can use cut almonds too as per your taste. Note : As these measurements give around 120 laddoos, the time given is according to the large quantity. If the quantities are reduced, the time to prepare the laddoos will reduce too.
- Servings : 120 pieces
- Ready in : 180 Minutes
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Sweets/ Desserts / Cakes
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..
Suran Groundnut Curry
Lasooni Palak/ Garlicky Spinach
Namkeen Mathri/ Savoury Crackers
3 Ingredient Oreo Cake
Khatti Meethi Moong Dal...
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.