A perfect teatime snack, this Eggless Rawa Cake is sure to delight you! And because it isn’t too sweet, it compliments your chai puuurfectlyyy!! The warm aroma of a freshly baked cake wafting through your kitchen is enough to arouse your taste buds, right?! This easy-peasy recipe is a good option for those short tiffin breaks too. Healthy and tasty, it has all the goodness of semolina packed in. A good option for all the vegetarians out there. Dessert or evening snack… how does it matter as long as it finds a way into your stomach?! Do try it and leave a comment about the same in blank space below, in the review section… Waiting to hear from you about your views too!
Veg Rawa Teatime Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 small cake
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 1/2 cup fine Semolina / Rawa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup curd
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp soda bicarb
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp cardamom/ elaichi powder
- a few strands of saffron/kesar
- Mix all the ingredients well, seeing that there are no lumps left.
- Keep covered for 2 to 3 hours.
- Grease a baking tray, and lightly dust it with plain flour/ maida.
- Transfer the cake batter to this tray.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake on high for 45-60 minutes, depending on your microwave or oven's heat. Keep as watch to see that it doesn't burn.
- To see if it's done, prick a toothpick through the centre, if it comes out clean, it's done. If not, bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy it warm with tea or as a dessert after dinner. As it is not that high on calories, indulge in it to your heart's content!
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..