The chill in the air calls for some hot food to keep the tummy warm, doesn’t it? Presenting, the yummy Saagwala Chicken… a delightful combination of greens with chicken. Indian spices add their distinct flavour to this lipsmacking recipe, which tastes best with steaming rice or rotis. Healthy and full of good proteins, this is one Indian dish which is sure to win over the hearts of guests from any corner of the world for sure! Winter is the time to eat all the seasonal greens available freshly… so go ahead and try this today!!!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 kg
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp ground green chilli
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric / haldi
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger grated finely
- 1 big bunch of spinach leaves chopped
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 800 gms chicken pieces, boneless and skinless
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp cream
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add and fry onions till golden.
- Add the spices, garlic, ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water. Puree it along with the green chilli and the cooked onion and spices.
- Season the chicken with salt. Heat a little oil in the same kadhai and pan fry the chicken pieces till light brown.
- Add spinach puree to the chicken and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes till the chicken is cooked. Add salt to taste.
- Season with lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with rice or rotis.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..