Rice Kheer happens when sweet cravings hit you suddenly! There was leftover rice in the fridge… milk and sugar toh hota hee hai… Toh bass… jhatpat kheer ready to satisfy the sweet tooth. Easy to make and delicious to eat. Cant wait to make it again…
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3 portions
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup precooked rice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- dry fruits of your choice
- dried rose petals to garnish
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg powder
- few strands of saffron
- In a nonstick pan heat the ghee.
- Mix the precooked rice in the milk properly to avoid clumps forming while cooking.
- Add this to the pan.
- Put in the sugar. Stir and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add in the cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon powder and the saffron strands. Stir well.
- Mix in chopped dry fruits like almonds, raisins, pistachios and cashews.
- Keep stirring till kheer thickens. Switch off gas.
- Garnish with rose petals and dry fruits of your choice. Enjoy warm or cold. Either way it tastes great!
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..