Sundays… a day for indulgence in something other than your regular weekday fare. So when I saw that I had half a kg of frozen chicken lying in the freezer, I put my thinking cap on and…. Voila! Today’s lunch comprised of Pan-fried Garlic Chicken served on a bed of Burnt Onion Coriander Butter Rice. A continental recipe made with minimum spices having maximum flavour. Different from our usual Indian-style masalas, this dish can be called an amalgamation of tastes… the rice being inspired from our Indian Biryani Rice somewhat. Do try this out and leave me a comment in the review section! Waiting to hear your thoughts and views….
Pan-fried Garlic Chicken on a bed of Burnt Onion Coriander Butter Rice
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1/2 kg chicken
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (3.4 /5)
- 6 ratings
- For the Chicken : 1/2 kg chicken pieces
- Marination : 2 tbsp thick curd
- 2 tsp red chilli powder/ 6-7 dry red chillies
- 10-12 pods garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- salt to taste
- For the Rice : 2 cups soaked basmati rice
- 3 vertically chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp butter.
- Oil to saute
- For the Chicken : Wash chicken pieces thoroughly and boil them for 15 minutes in water on an open flame.
- Drain all the water and keep aside.
- In a mixie, put all the ingredients for the marinade - red chilli powder / dry red chillies, curd, garlic, black pepper powder, vinegar. Grind to a fine paste.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the above paste evenly after adding salt to taste and keep for an hour. In the meanwhile, prepare the rice.
- In a microwqave safe bowl, take the soaked rice with double the quantity of water and cook on high for 13 minutes.
- In a kadhai, heat oil and fry the cut onions till dark brown. Add in the separated rice, butter, cut coriander and salt to taste. Your rice is ready.
- Now heat oil in a shallow pan and add in the marinated chicken pieces along with all the liquid masala. Cover and cook, turning occasionally. The chicken will be ready in around 15 minutes as its already pre-boiled and marinated.
- To serve, make a bed of the burnt onion coriander butter rice on a plate, add a few pieces of the ready chicken on top. You can serve whatever salad you like with it.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..