Peanuts are a source of energy, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins, essential for good health and vitality. So the next time when you’re low on energy, just take a handful of peanuts and pop them into your mouth! Keep these Masala Peanuts or Masala Sing Bhujia ready by the jarful and you won’t ever run out of a tea-time snack! A cup of Adrakwali Chai, a bowlful of Masala Sing Bhujia, a good book in hand and the pitter-patter of the rains outside! Sigh… Bliss!
Masala Sing Bhujia
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- A jarful of Masala Peanuts
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.4 /5)
- 11 ratings
- 1/4 kg unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup of besan/ chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dhania-jeera powder/ coriander-cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Wet the peanuts in water and drain them immediately on a sieve.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, except oil .
- Now mix the wet peanuts with the masala so that it coats them well.
- Lastly, add the oil over the peanuts and mix well again.
- Spread the peanuts evenly on a microwave safe dish.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes. Take out the plate and roll over the peanuts to change their sides.
- Again cook on high for 2 minutes. Repeat the process of moving them around all over.
- Cook again for 2 minutes. Cool for 15-20 minutes till the peanuts turn crisp.
- If you feel there is still some moisture remaining on them, cook again for an additional 2 minutes and cool down before transferring them to an air-tight container.
- These remain fresh for up to a week. But since they are so simple to make, you can just make them as and when required.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..