Egg biryani recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- for 4 people
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 kg basmati (fragrant) rice
- 4 onions
- 4 tbsp.oil
- 1 tsp jeera /cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stick dalchini / cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4 pods garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin powder
- 1 tbsp thick curd
- 2 potatoes
- Boil the eggs, peel, cut them into halves and keep aside.
- Soak the rice for 1/2 hour. Cook in microwave with double the quantity of water for 16 minutes. Keep aside.
- In a deep, frying pan, heat oil and fry 3 vertically cut onions till brown. Keep them aside.
- Saute in a little oil, the remaining onion cut finely, along with the coconut, ginger, garlic, green chillies and coriander. Wet grind with a little water into a paste.
- In the same frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil, add the jeera, bayleaf, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and saute. Add half of the fried onions, 1 tbsp of the wet ground paste, finely cut tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, hing/ asafoetida, kashmiri garam masala, coriander-cumin powder, curd, the peeled and cut potatoes, along with 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook till the oil separates and the potatoes are done.
- Add the rice, salt to taste and the egg halves.
- Mix well and garnish with the fried onions.
Note :Serve with a quarter of a lemon and any salad of your choice... like cut cucumbers, onions, tomatoes or carrots in beaten curd.
- Servings : 4 people
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Rice Recipes (Indian / World Cuisine)
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..