Dinka or edible gum resin laddoos are an excellent source of calcium, magnesium and protein. Made in winters for their healthy, body-warming properties, these are a favourite with pregnant women to keep their bones strong and back fortified. Rich with mixed nuts as well, these laddoos make a perfect snack for growing children too. Made without using sugar, these laddoos can be eaten by diabetics too, after consulting their doctors, that is.
Dinka / Gond/ Edible Gum Resin Laddoos
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes around 15-20 laddoos
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 big cup of gond/ dinka/ edible gum resin pieces
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup mixed dry fruits- almonds, cashews, raisins
- 1 tbspkhuskhus / poppy seeds
- 2 cups deseeded dates
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Deep fry the dinka in ghee till nice and fluffy.
- Cool it and grind in a mixie.
- Dry roast the dessicated coconut.
- Dry roast the almonds, cashews, poppy seeds. Do not roast the raisins.
- In a thick vessel, take the deseeded dates and jaggery, add a little ghee. Mix in 1 tbsp of water and cook.
- Cool and add all ingredients together.
- Add cardamom powder.Mix all well.
- Grease your hand with a little ghee and shape the mix into small laddoos.
Note :They stay good for at least 2-3 weeks. Great for the winters and to carry while travelling.
- Servings : Makes around 15-20 laddoos
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Sweets/ Desserts / Cakes
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..