Dal Tadka / Yellow lentils
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 people
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 cups toor dal / yellow lentils
- 1/4 tsp rai/ mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp haldi / turmeric
- 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 dry red kashimirimirch / chilli
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- Soak the toor dal for 20 minutes. Pressure cook till soft using double the quantity of water.
- Blend it well, add red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, dry red chilli, garlic pieces. Brown them and remove the seasoning in a bowl.
- Now transfer the dal into the same pan and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tadka/ seasoning just before serving.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves as well.
Note :Before pressure cooking the dal, add a pinch of turmeric, asafoetida and a drop of oil to the water. The dal cooks faster and blends well too.
- Servings : 4 people
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dals/ Lentils
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..