The onset of winters calls for some piping hot and filling comfort food like all-time favourite Paranthas. Why not try a little variation and see if it works out?…was the thought in mind when I started cooking today morning. The end result was a delicious, flaky and aromatic parantha! Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or tiffins. The slight taste of the kasuri methi makes a world of difference to this otherwise normal aloo parantha. …..tadaaa…..presenting the Aloo Kasuri Methi Parantha!
Aloo Kasuri Methi Parantha
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 5 paranthas
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (3.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- For the dough : 3 cups wheat flour
- For the filling : 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 tbsp kasuti methi
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic pods
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dhania-jeera powder/ coriander-cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil to shallow fry the paranthas
- Knead a normal roti dough by mixing the wheat flour with a pinch of salt and a little oil. Use water as required. Keep covered.
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- Grind together the kasuri methi, garlic, green chillies, ginger and sugar.
- In a big bowl mix together the potatoes, finely chopped onion, the ground paste, dhania-jeera powder, amchur powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste. The filling is ready.
- Divide the dough into 5 balls.
- Roll the ball of dough into a 5 inches round. Put stuffing into the centre. Bring the edges of the round roti together to seal in at the centre tightly. Using loose flour, roll out the parantha carefully, without putting too much pressure.
- Repeat for all five paranthas.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and shallow fry each parantha using a little oil to evenly brown them on both sides.
- Serve hot with the pickle of your choice and a big bowl of curd.
I believe that food should look as good as it tastes, and vice-versa. Maybe this is because I am an artist and an advertising professional too! But my first brush ...Read more about this chef..